AutoLogoffcleanup & end inactive Windows sessions
WizardSoft AutoLogoff is our tool that monitors keyboard and mouse activity. When AutoLogoff is enabled a specified action is performed after a period of inactivity (which means no keyboard or mouse input received from user). Possible actions are: logoff, shutdown, restart, standby, lock, disconnect (also known as switch user) or disconnect & standby. Before initiating the action a warning message is displayed. AutoLogoff can optionally first lock the desktop or disconnect for a number of minutes before initiating forced logout. You can choose to delete temporary user files like the internet cache and contents of the user temporary folder at logoff so user profiles stay small.
AutoLogoff can also limit the number of simultaneous logins/sessions per user. When a user hits this limit during logon a message is displayed stating the logged on workstations. The user is logged out of the current workstation unless he/she chooses to automatically end the oldest session. AutoLogoff logs login/logoff events.
Finally, AutoLogoff can display a welcome message/disclaimer to the user upon logon. Medium font size makes the text easy to read and the window is sized to just fit the contents.
AutoLogoff is especially useful in shared computer environments like schools, hospitals and libraries. It adds a layer of security for users who forget to logout of Windows and makes sure computers are available for use. Supported environments include Microsoft Active Directory, Novell eDirectory and simple workgroups.
Many companies disable (technically only hide) Windows 7's fast user switching because multiple inactive users can bog down the computer. With AutoLogoff it actually can make sense to use this functionality. You can combine intermediate action "Disconnect" or "Disconnect & Standby" with action "Logoff" to make computers available for use, but also keep the old session available for a limited time should he or she return.
AutoLogoff is centrally managed with group policy (although other methods are possible).
Basic setup tutorial for the administrator on a Windows 2008 server
AutoLogoff in action on a client computer
Why choose for AutoLogoff?
- AutoLogoff logs out idle users, even if he/she has locked the desktop. If an application won't exit it will be (optionally) forced to close.
- You can choose to first lock the screen for a number of minutes before logging off
- AutoLogoff can automatically delete temporary files and browser caches at logoff or shutdown (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Adobe Flash)
- AutoLogoff closes programs forcefully when a user wants to logoff from the start menu; no more logoff procedure that stops half way
- AutoLogoff will display a warning message for a limited time before the user is logged off
- You can configure the time period when AutoLogoff is enabled
- Configuration is easy and adjustable to your needs from one central location: the Group Policy Management Console.
- AutoLogoff can run directly without installation from a network share or can be installed locally
- Native small and fast Windows executable; no additional software prerequisites
- Prevents users from using more then the specified number of pc’s at the same time
- Save cpu, ram and disk space resources on terminal server and virtual desktop infrastructures like Citrix XenDesktop and VMware View (VDI)
Licensing is based on the maximum number of simultaneous/concurrent users (frequently equals the total number of computers where AutoLogoff is enabled) and is perpetual (no expiration date). It includes free updates for the major version you purchased.
Pricing & licensing (excl. VAT when applicable)*
|# of pc’s is less or equal to||total EUR||USD||GBP|
|10||€ 200,-||$ 260,-||£ 160,-||Buy|
|50||€ 400,-||$ 500,-||£ 350,-||Buy|
|250||€ 1500,-||$ 2000,-||£ 1250,-||Buy|
|500||€ 2500,-||$ 3250,-||£ 2100,-||Buy|
|1000||€ 3000,-||$ 4000,-||£ 2500,-||Buy|
|2000||€ 4000,-||$ 5200,-||£ 3400,-||Buy|
|Other||Pay attention to volume discounts||Buy|
We offer a substantial discount for educational institutions. Contact us by e-mail for discount details using your campus e-mail address.
Please contact us via email@example.com should you have any questions or suggestions!
*Digital River GmbH (Share-it) is our seller and handles payment and invoicing.